Friday, November 04, 2005

Please Explain

Can someone please explain to me why Democratic leaders continue to make sweeping comments including the ones that really gaul me, "The American People demand..." or "The American people need..." or another personal fave "I will give the American People..." They don't know me, they don't speak for me!

I suppose that it just goes hand-in-hand with the lies that they start and the media keeps perpetuating. Such as:

"Democrats would bring ethics back to Washington!"-Uh huh, how many Dems are under indictment, how many have been convicted, or known for shady dealings? Not to mention Teddy getting away with murder! See here, here, here, here, and here

"President Bush lied about the WMDs!"-Hmmm, the Dems that signed for the war had the same information that Bush did, so they obviously felt there was a threat, not to mention all the comments made by said Dems regarding Saddam and "immanent danger". And guess what? He did have WMDs. See this report.

"The economy is in a downward spiral!"-Do they not read the Dept. of the Treasury reports? Do they not see the hike in consumer spending despite donor fatigue due to the hurricanes?

The Iraq war is a quagmire!-Hmmm, two years, toppled Saddam's government, captured him, released Saddam's political prisoners, killed Uday and Qusay thus stopping the rape and torture rooms, there have been two elections, the Iraqis are learning to stand on their own, and infrastructure is being reassembled. Yeah, that's a real quagmire.

I think you understand what I'm talking about. Is it me, or does it bother anyone else that Democrats keep making these sweeping comments about how they are going to "save the American people"?

No comments: