Friday, December 30, 2005

Some Interesting Numbers

There is all this hoopla about the NSA supposed "spying" on US citizens. The hoopla is, of course, coming from the same very vocal, hypocritical Democratic faction. The "do as I say, not as I do" group. Yet from what I've read and heard, what has actually been done has not been illegal.

Personally, they could listen in on my phone conversations, check my email and put a cookie on my computer and they wouldn't find anything of interest. Oh, and speaking of cookies, I went to the NSA prior to them disabling the cookies and I could care less. They were probably bored with my computer usage. The whole cookie thing is way out of proportion, too, as almost any site you go to is going to put a cookie on your computer to see what your surfing habits are like in order to adjust the pop-up ads they use for you. It is just idiotic that people are pissed off by that. It upsets me more that I get the stupid pop-up ads!

What is interesting about this whole thing is that Americans, in general, are not too ticked off about the spying issue. Rassmussen's latest poll shows that 64% of Americans polled say yes to the question: "Should the National Security Agency be allowed to intercept telephone conversations between terrorism suspects in other countries and people living in the United States?" Only 23% said no. Hmmm, doesn't seem like people are too upset about it. And 48% of those polled don't believe that Bush is the first President to use these tactics. Just in case you think those numbers are stacked by people not really paying attention, you would be incorrect. 68% of Americans are saying that they are somewhat closely or very closely following this story in the news.

So, once again, these Democrats are being overly dramatic and speaking for the American public when they have don't know what they're talking about. If you've hung around here very long, you will know that the use of sweeping generalities, is a pet peeve of mine. When Democrats in particular, speak as if they know what I want or what I'm thinking or feeling. They have no idea and should shut their yaps and speak only for themselves.

No comments: