Mr. Snitch has opened a competition for the Best Posts of 2005. This is for the "little" blogs or obscure blogs who have really great posts, but don't get the recognition that comes from winning web awards. Here's the criteria:
If you've read a post that really caught your attention or your imagination, a post that made you think, or laugh so hard you snorted out loud, well, you can nominate by using this link for further information:
• What's a great post? That's entirely up to you, but we have some ideas:
1) Something truly witty or milk-out-your-nose funny is always welcome. Everyone tries comedy, few do it well.
2) That unique piece of information or research that everyone's looking for, but only one blog has.
3) An issue that everyone is discussing, but only one post nails.
4) An unusual subject that few attempt, and fewer do well.
5) An interesting use of language, such as an entire post in the form of a pallindrome, or an Ogden Nash ditty.
6) Something of great service or interest to the blogosphere. Perhaps a link to blogging tools or resources that everyone should know about.
7) A great comment thread.
8) Lightning in a bottle. A post that captures a moment. Something you'd stick in a time capsule.
9) Originality, inspiration, insight, foresight. If it's touched by greatness, we want to know about it.
10) Anything compelling. When you're drawn to something, and you know others will be, you don't have to analyze it.