Saturday, May 27, 2006

I Stand Before You

I Stand Before You
by
©2001 Roger J. Robicheau (Sp 5, US Army)
The Poetic Plumber



I stand before you all today
But not one eye can see my way

My time arrived, to leave this earth
A fact so planned, to every birth

It happened where I had to go
My torch for life was so aglow

I transferred while in uniform
Protecting freedom, through a storm

Should I resent I died for you
Not on my life, red white and blue

Please help my family through each day
Tell all my friends, try not to stray

And of the country I did love
Do think of me, through God above

Your memories, brought forth this day
Send love to us, who could not stay

Photo: Ponders
An anonymous member of the Armed Services looking over the Arlington National Cemetery, March 2001.
© 2001 Corey Rehberg, corey@rehbergs.net

No comments: