Thursday, April 20, 2006

Something I've Never Understood

There has been a lot of talk about Maryscott O'Connor, her blog (which I will not link here because it is disgusting), the anger she exhibits and the language that she uses. After reading the article in the Washington Post, I really felt sorry for her young son. To grow up with a mother having that much anger and using that much foul language, it makes me wonder how peaceful and nurturing his homelife could possibly be. Why does she feel it's necessary to use that language or to be that angry? I'm not happy with the government on many issues either, but I wouldn't use gutter language to try to get my point across.

Now there is another book out about Hillary Clinton called I've Always Been a Yankees Fan: Hillary Clinton in Her Own Words. Granted it is written by Dick Morris who is quite critical of the Clintons, but the quotes in this book would make most women cringe - well, at least most women I know! Here are just a couple exerpts:
"This is the kind of s*** I have to put up with."
(To a friend after a Clinton supporter gave her a pair of Arkansas Razorback earrings.) - such graciousness

"If you want to remain on this detail, get your a** over here and grab those bags."
(To an agent who wanted to keep his hands free in case of a security threat.) - he is supposed to protect her, yet she wants him to tote her bags?!
And the worst one that Vasko Kohlmayer of The American Thinker sites in his article The F-Word and Femaleness.
"Where is the goddamn f**ing flag?... I want the goddamn f*ing flag up every f*ing morning at f**ing sunrise."
(Addressing her Arkansas staff) - nice
I've never been a big fan of Hillary Clinton and it really doesn't have that much to do with her politics as it does with her demeanor, her language and her complete lack of integrity. My disagreement with her politics is a whole different story.

Now, I'm not saying I've never used foul language, I've fallen victim to the notion that it is an attention getter, but it really wasn't the attention I wanted and I regretted using it. So, I don't understand the need to use this language continuously, without thought to your listeners or readers. And I wonder, do women really think people will respect them when they use this language? To me, it simply shows a lack of education and/or imagination. If you want to lead and you want people to respect you, you do not treat them like the dirt beneath your feet nor do you speak to them in such a manner. This is one of the main reasons I do not read the far left blogs (and yes, even a few blogs on the right). Why would I want to read expletive after expletive with no intelligent discourse or reasoning? It is bad enough when men use this language thinking that it makes them sound tough, but when women use it, it simply shows their baseness. It doesn't make you tough like a man, it makes you weak and low and unintelligent.

Maragaret Thatcher, as referenced in Vasko Kohlmayer's article, was a very strong leader and a formidable adversary and she did it without ever using foul language. I would much rather hold her or a true lady such as Laura Bush, up as an example of leadership and integrity to my daughters than those the left call their women leaders.

Tags: bloggers, leadership, integrity

No comments: