Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #8

I had these great plans of getting my T13 done last night and did I do it? No...so here's my 'quick' Thursday Thirteen:

Thirteen favorite verbal exchanges (or lines) from "The Princess Bride" courtesy of IMDB.com

1. Inigo Montoya: "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

2. Vizzini: "HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE."
Inigo Montoya: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

3. Inigo Montoya: "I donna suppose you could speed things up?"
Man in Black: "If you're in such a hurry, you could lower a rope or a tree branch or find something useful to do."
Inigo Montoya: "I could do that. I have some rope up here, but I do not think you would accept my help, since I am only waiting around to kill you."
Man in Black: "That does put a damper on our relationship."

4. Inigo Montoya: "You are ready then?"
Man in Black: "Whether I am or not, you've been more than fair."
Inigo Montoya: [drawing his sword] "You seem a decent fellow... I hate to kill you."
Man in Black: "You seem a decent fellow... I hate to die."

5. [fencing] Inigo Montoya: "You are wonderful."
Man in Black: "Thank you; I've worked hard to become so."
Inigo Montoya: "I admit it, you are better than I am."
Man in Black: "Then why are you smiling?"
Inigo Montoya: "Because I know something you don't know."
Man in Black: "And what is that?"
Inigo Montoya: "I... am not left-handed."
[Moves his sword to his right hand and gains an advantage]
Man in Black: "You are amazing."
Inigo Montoya: "I ought to be, after 20 years."
Man in Black: "Oh, there's something I ought to tell you."
Inigo Montoya: "Tell me."
Man in Black: "I'm not left-handed either."
[Moves his sword to his right hand and regains his advantage]

6. Inigo Montoya: "Are you the Miracle Max who worked for the king all those years?"
Miracle Max: "The King's stinking son fired me, and thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it? We're closed."

7. Count Rugen: "Ah. Are you coming down into the pit? Westley's got his strength back. I'm starting him on the machine tonight."
Prince Humperdinck: [sincerely] "Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work, but I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped."
Count Rugen: "Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, then you haven't got anything."

8. Westley: "You warthog-faced buffoon."

9. [after defeating Fezzik, who lays on the ground unconscious] Westley: "I do not envy you the headache you will have when you awake. But for now, rest well and dream of large women."

10. Fezzik: "You just shook your head... doesn't that make you happy?"
Westley: "My brains, his steel, and your strength against sixty men, and you think a little head jiggle is supposed to make me happy?"

11. Miracle Max: "Sonny, true love is the greatest thing, in the world-except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe [smacks his lips]...they're so perky, I love that."

12. The Impressive Clergyman: "Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam..."

13. Prince Humperdink: "I think you're bluffing."
Westley: "It's possible, Pig, I might be bluffing. It's conceivable, you miserable, vomitous mass, that I'm only lying here because I lack the strength to stand. But, then again... perhaps I have the strength after all." [slowly rises and points sword directly at the prince] "DROP... YOUR... SWORD!"

As you can see, my favorite exchanges occur between Inigo Montoya and Man in Black. That sword-fight scene is my all-time favorite!


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

No comments: