Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #5

Today's Thirteen Thursday is my Dietary Downfalls! I'm sure many will understand and with the holidays coming up, it's gonna get harder to resist!!

1. Cake: I don't have it often, but when it's around, I have a really hard time keeping away from it!

2. Cookies: I'm okay about leaving the store-bought kind alone, it's the homemade ones that make me want to grab a plate of them and a big glass of milk! (Especially almond press cookies and Kissmas cookies! May have to share these recipes!)

3. Muffins: This one was especially tough when I worked at the donut shop since we carried muffins as well! The coffee cake ones were killer!

4. Coffee cake/Streusel: There is just something about a cinnamon sugar crumbly topping on a moist cake or a creamy cheese filling in a pastry!

5. Buckeyes: For those not from Ohio or haven't heard of these, they are wonderfully creamy peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate and are VERY addictive with their salty/sweet creaminess!

6. Ice Cream: My favorite is Edy's Chocolate Cherry, which I will not buy because I can't stay away from it! Another is Breyer's Chocolate Fudge M&M. Luckily or unluckily, they don't make it the same way anymore. They took out the fudge and added cookie dough, so it's not as good.

7. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups: They now have king-sized ones...they are trouble with a capital T!

8. Twice Baked Potatoes: These are from a recipe that my mom used to make and they have butter, sour cream, bacon, cheese and chive! YUM!

9. Mashed Potatoes: The homemade kind, but freezer styles will work if I'm desparate! LOL

10. Chips and Dip: Not the British type chips, but the thin crispy chips with bacon-horseradish dip! This is especially hard to pass up when I'm craving saltiness!

11. Cinnamon Toast: Not only does it taste delicious, it's a comfort food for me! The smell is reminiscent of mornings at my grandparent's house!

12. Most Breakfast Foods: Pancakes, French toast, crepes, scrambled eggs, hash browns and of course, bacon. Denny's Grand Slam breakfast....YUM!

13. Mango Passionfruit Smoothies: Luckily this item was discontinued at the donut shop where I worked, so it's no longer a risk, but I was definitely drinking one of these a day when they had them!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

No comments: