Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Thursday Thirteen (#6)

I'm sure that a lot of people are putting up Thanksgiving lists, so I'll just join the crowd!

Things I'm thankful for:

1. My husband. He is so wonderful and puts up with a lot from me! I can't believe we've been married over 22 years!

2. My daughters. Our oldest is a sophomore in college and loves it. She would like to study abroad next year...not sure if/how that will happen! Our youngest is a junior in high school and just received her varsity letter for cheerleading. Both girls are loving and beautiful!

3. My furbaby. Sadie is our big baby. She's 7 and I don't know what I would do without her. Here sweet face and loving personality saw me through some really trying times!

4. My family. Though we've lost the moms, we still have the dads, their wives, grandma Trudy, brothers and their families and they are loved.

5. Our home. It's just the right size and our mortgage is fixed.

6. Our neighborhood. We've lived here for almost 10 years and our daughters grew up running around this neighborhood. It's still the type of place where everyone knows everyone and you don't have to worry about your kids walking or riding their bikes out of your sight because the neighbors look out for each other.

7. Our city. It's not too big and still has the small-town feel.

8. Ohio. I was born in California and lived in Washington, but this is my home and I love the parks, the weather (yes, even the snow) and even though it's fairly flat, the trees and landscape is beautiful.

9. Thanksgiving dinner. The turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bead casserole, yams, and of course, the pumpkin pie!

10. Days off with my family. Though I am currently not working, my husband will be home today and tomorrow, our oldest is home from school and we're all together.

11. My senses. Sight to see my loved ones and the beauty all around us, hearing to listen to the music of life, touch to hold my loved ones, smelling the wonderful foods cooking right now and the taste of the feast!

12. Beads. My creative outlet and my therapy.

13. Books. I love reading, especially the banned books! (LOL)

Tell me what you're thankful for...

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



No comments: