Monday, December 03, 2007

Knuckle Toes/Revinylized

Katie in her own words:
Hi there, I'm Katie, thanks for stopping by.
I'm a smalltime, jewelry, clothing and purse maker who wants to share her style with the world!

I'm from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, and every year I try to make it out to the surrounding Folk Festivals to sell my product. I've gone the last two years and really hope to make it out again in 2008!

I try to make my clothing and purses out of recycled materials. Anything from tablecloths, to pillowcases, to reused LP record covers. This not only gives my items a vintage feel, but it helps the environment, and what more do you need?

If you see anything you like, don't hesitate to contact me and ask me any questions you like about it. If you're in the area, I may be able to cut down on your shipping, so let me know!



And this is Katie talking about "Revinylized":
I was born in the late 80's, to a pretty normal family, and have been having fun ever since.

I started making wire and bead jewelry in late 2005 and expanded into purses and clothing.

I liked to use recycled materials, be it a tablecloth, set of curtains, or even the beads off of a discarded bracelet, and I wanted to find something new.

I bought a stack of old, unusable, LPs and melted the records into bowls, and after some thinking, bound some blank paper to the insides of the covers and called it a sketchbook.

Recently I started using the covers for different things, laminating them and sewing them into jumbo tote bags, and taking the sketchbooks further, into CD books. Somehow my small side project expanded larger than I thought, and now I've opened this, my second etsy shop.

To find more handmade vintage items go to:
Knuckle Toes
Revinylized

To learn more about the artist, see her blog:
Knuckle Toes Blog
Or her 90/90 features on:
Revinylized Blog

No comments: