Thursday, December 13, 2007

From the Studio of George McKim

I was born and grew up in Wilmington, NC, USA. For the past 15 years I have lived in Raleigh, NC with my wife Betty, my two adult children Edward and Devin who are twins, our golden retriever Sophie and our cat with a 'tude, Woodstock.

I studied art in college and have a Masters Degree in Painting and Drawing. My artwork has been shown in galleries and museums in my region. My day job is working as a pre-press graphic artist for a printing company and I make my art in my "spare time".

Since I was a kid I have always drawn pictures and painted. I like the freedom of expression of art and have always enjoyed painting.

My shop features paintings and collages that are mostly abstract, which I have been doing for the past two years and I also have some realism in the form of Linoleum Cut Prints. If you want something at a really affordable price I have note cards. I accept commissions also.

I will make Note Cards of any of my images (you can mix and match) including images from my website, just request the images via the Contact GeorgeMcKim link on the right side of this page. Note Cards are $3 each or a set of 5 for $12. I will be happy to make custom Sunflower prints in any color combinations (2 colors) of your choice.

If you want to see a more complete listing of my all my recent artwork please visit my website at - http://www.george-mckim.com
To see and purchase great gifts:
George McKim

To read more about the artist, see his blog:
George McKim Blog

No comments: