Thursday, November 18, 2010

Someday...

Someday I'm going to be able to create for a living. Well, that is what I'd like to do anyway. I've had a mental boost lately with a couple of good sales and when that happens, I feel like, yeah, I could do this for a living. I've wanted to bead as my livelihood for years, but there's always been that pesky little thing called money getting in the way. I'm just too old to be a starving artist.

I am having a creative problem lately...I can't seem to focus on one project at a time. I have so many ideas and patterns that I've created, it's tough to get through one because I'm thinking about the next. I've just finished a chocolate brown, cherry red and cream colored argyle patterned cuff, and I have a pattern for swirling water (based on this photo) that I want to work on, but then there's this streamer/confetti looking cuff I created a pattern for that is, of all things, based on a pillow Izzy had on "Grey's Anatomy". I've been seeing patterns for new cuffs in a lot of things lately, thus the lack of focus. I suppose there could be worse things...like no ideas at all.

Oh yeah, then there's taking pictures! I have three cuffs I haven't photographed or listed yet! Hopefully it'll be bright enough tomorrow to get some good photos.

No comments: