Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Banana Showcase

Kelly VanVoltenburg is the owner of Banana Showcase which is located in Duncanville, Texas. She offers lively floral prints and repeating patterns in her cloth items which include her specialties - handbags, Kleenex holders and keychains. Some of the fabrics she uses are vintage and others are contemporary. All items are made in a pet-free and smoke-free environment.

You can tell by her descriptions that the bags she makes are built to last. Many have multiple layers and are triple-stitched. And if that's not enough to convince you to snap one up as her prices are fabulous!

A little about Kelly and her craft in her own words:

Just one girl and a very loved sewing machine -- that is all there is to Banana Showcase. I have been a crafter since I was a very little girl. I love to make things with my hands and now having people use the things I make is so exciting. I have sewn since I was a teen but recently discovered that purses are so fun to create. I also love visiting thrift stores so you will find that some of my bags are created from vintage fabrics or other vintage clothing items that have been repurposed to become purses.

I will do custom orders, so feel free to contact me and we'll talk!!

See her Etsy store to get one for yourself or to give as a gift:
Banana Showcase

Or to learn more about the artist go to her blog:
Kelly Van Voltenburg

No comments: