Wednesday, July 11, 2007

OROC Fundraiser

In January, my daughter's cheerleading squad is having a competition and proceeds will benefit OROC (OutRun Ovarian Cancer). The theme is "We Roc for OROC" and there will be a competition to see which team can raise the most money and we will also be selling bracelets, which I have volunteered to create. I was originally going to make them like this one:But after pricing out what it would cost me up front to make 50 of them, I had to revise my thinking. So, I am going to make them similar to the ones below. I purchased "awareness ribbon" charms to add to them, but the rest will be a combination of these two bracelets:I am really happy that the idea of raising the money for OROC was approved by everyone. It really means a lot to me and my daughters. After losing my mom and mother-in-law to ovarian cancer and finding out one of my daughter's friend has been diagnosed with it, I realized that I can help. I may not be able to find a cure, but at least help by raising money to find a reliable pretest that will allow women a better than 25% survival rate!

No comments: