Monday, July 23, 2007

More New Pieces

No pictures yet, but I've completed another cuff-style bracelet and working on the next one. The first one is in shades of teal, aqua and turquoise. My youngest daughter liked the three shades together. At first I finished it off with a metal button, but then changed it to a shell button as she thought it looked like a mermaid. So, the name is "A Mermaid's Tale". I'd like to find a few small shell beads to give it more of that seashore feeling.

The second one, which I'm just working on now, is very simple. Two shades of very deep blue. One is called purplish-blue and the other is bright blue-violet and has the aurora borealis wash on it. I'm only using a few of the bright blue-violet ones and scattering them throughout the darker blue. This one is going to be called "A Scattering of Stars" because it looks like a starry night sky. I love the purplish blue because when you hold it up to the light, it's a deep glowing cobalt blue. It's the same color that I used for the night sky in my "Blue Moon" tealight candle holder. I love it, it's probably one of my favorite colors!

I'll get pictures up as soon as I can get the camera back again. Husband needed it for work and since it is his camera... :)

No comments: