Thursday, February 22, 2007

Prom Season Approaches

My oldest daughter is a senior this year and has been getting the catalogs for formal dresses for prom. I don't pay as much attention to the dresses (some of which I wouldn't let my daughter out the door in!) as I do to the accessories. It seems that this year it's all about cuff-style bracelets and a lot of them. A lot of sparkle, a lot of flash, blacks and whites with some accent stones in various colors. So, I'm going to expand my inventory of cuffs and see how those go over. My youngest daughter wore a choker, cuff and earrings that I made to homecoming. They looked pretty great...although it probably had something to do with the girl wearing them!

Here is one of the cuffs I have made. I called it my "Crystal Cuff" - very imaginative, I know!

6 comments:

FrauBudgie said...

``Beautiful baubles, Anna.

My daughter is also a senior in HS; and we're thinking about getting her ready for the prom and banquet. She calls it the "beautification" project. But, you have to make the hair appointment in advance, don't you?

The Lone Beader® said...

Very nice netted bracelet!! Also, thanks for linking to my mobile blog. You rock=:)

Anna said...

I suppose so. My daughter isn't into all the primping (thank goodness, it's expensive). She will have me or her sister do her hair (or she'll do it herself) and same with makeup. I don't know about you, but it seems like there's a hole in our piggy bank this year because the money just keeps coming right out and going to something with the school or her class!

Anna said...

Thank you so much, LB!

I'm working on a two-drop peyote cuff right now. I'm using the teeny-tiny seed beads. (I just looked up the size and they are 22/0!)

Anonymous said...

So delicate. I love it. :) Perfect for a prom.

Anna said...

Thank you, Jo! It's the same style that I made for my younger daughter to wear to homecoming.